Thursday, January 02, 2020

The year that was 2019


Doing a quick bullet point version of 2019 what worked and did not. I'm hoping put it out there helps in driving the habits more effectively as I have tried improving my habits this year to do better and be a better version of myself.

- Resolved to cut down my smartphone addiction habit

There is a good reason to put this at the top as this was one of my biggest 'to tackle' item. I think I did fairly well in this one as can be seen in the next item. Apple had introduced Screen time  feature with ability to limit time for social media, using this feature helped me to a large extent. I had set small goals of cutting down the time and then gradually was able to walk away from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. I do maintain the accounts and check them occasionally but it did free up a lot of time.

- Aimed to read much more books than I usually do

This will count as a big success as I improved both in number and in terms of genres and overall satisfaction. I really did read a lot this year and the time for this came purely from freed up  smart phone time

- Work on fitness & health

Needs more work on this one, I did do lot of walking but did not do any running this year. One a positive note started doing Yoga, but again did it only for like 2 months ( around 12 sessions) before winter and laziness set in.  Also ticked off the learn something new box with Yoga

- Spend quality time with daughter

- Try to cut down on procrastination and do things more methodically

- Try to take up new challenges at work and be more bold

- Think and write down thoughts and refine them - this one I didn't do that often

- Floss teeth daily & better dental hygiene - Again didn't do well on this count but hopefully can improve this next year as dental issues are always a problem ( I blame my genes). Got an electric toothbrush this year and hopefully this is used unlike the water flosser I purchased more than a year ago which remains unused after first few weeks.

No comments: